Arkema to focus on customers and innovation at the American Coatings Show 2018, Booth 1031
“Every year, the global coatings market grows more complex as formulators and resin manufacturers work to stay ahead of changing performance, environmental and economic needs worldwide,” Eric Kaiser, Regional President for Arkema Coating Resins, explained. “By building stronger relationships with our customers, we are better equipped to stay ahead of those needs and get new products and technologies to market more efficiently. The American Coatings Show gives us a venue to not only showcase the results of these initiatives, but to strengthen and build new relationships as well.”
Multiple business units within Arkema serve the global coatings market and will be represented at the American Coatings Show. They include:
- Arkema Coating Resins, which produces a complete range of solutions based on aqueous polymer emulsions, opacifiers, aqueous or solvent-based alkyds and acrylics, oil free polyester resins, polyester polyols, powder polyester resins, and additives for solvent-based systems.
- Coatex Rheology Modifiers, a global designer and producer of rheological solutions for aqueous formulations and waterborne processes.
- Technical Polymers, which produces Kynar PVDF Coatings and Resins as well as Orgasol® polyamides for powder coatings.
- Arkema Acrylic Monomers, a leading global producer of acrylic monomers with unique properties that extend product life, allow water-based formulations without solvents, and contribute to a cleaner environment.
- Sartomer Photocure Resins, a leading global supplier of acrylate/methacrylate monomers, oligomers and other specialty chemicals.
- Luperox® Organic Peroxide, used for polymerization of water-borne and solvent-borne acrylic coating resins. Also suitable for curing of two-part acrylic systems.
- CECA, a leading producer of molecular sieves and filtration products.
- Bostik, with more than 125 years of experience, offers a range of high-quality co-polyester can coating resins and heat seal coatings that meet food packaging demands for customers around the world.
Additionally, Arkema will be participating in technical training sessions and presenting multiple research-based papers, including:
- Pre-Conference Tutorial: Radiation Curing
Jeffrey Klang, Sartomer
Monday, April 9 at 8:30 a.m.
- Going Higher – Novel High Solids for Paints and Stains
Jeffrey Arendt, Arkema Coating Resins
Monday, April 9 at 9:30 a.m.
- Impact of Coalescent on Deck Restoration Products
Dan Stark, Arkema Coating Resins
Tuesday, April 10 at 11:00 a.m.
- Novel Applications of Confocal Microscopy Techniques in Coatings Research
Wenjun Wu, Arkema Coating Resins
Tuesday, April 10 at 3:00 p.m.
“A lot has changed since the last American Coatings Show,” Kaiser said. “Through strategic growth initiatives and building stronger ties with formulators, Arkema offers a wide range of solutions that meet current and future market needs. We look forward to showcasing those successes at this year’s event.”
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans high-performance materials, industrial specialties and coating solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of €7.5 billion in 2016, we employ approximately 20,000 people worldwide and operate in close to 50 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and insulation. www.arkema.com