Arkema presents its expanded range of high-performance materials for composites at JEC World 2020
Rapid digital development is substantially changing the way in which products are designed and manufactured in many sectors. Always on the cutting edge of innovation, Arkema works with partners who are leaders in 3D creation and design to enrich its offer of high-performance materials, 3D Printing Solutions by Arkema, and develop new supply chains.
Structural partnerships to develop 3D Printing composites
Arkema recently announced two new partnerships and is contributing to the development of completely integrated digital manufacturing platforms, thanks to strengthened collaboration around cutting-edge materials and innovative solutions:
- The partnership between Continuous Composites and Sartomer, a subsidiary of Arkema, aims to combine Continuous Composites’ patented Continuous Fiber 3D Printing (CF3D®) technology with Sartomer’s N3xtDimension® photocure resins.Two conferences to present this new generation of composites will take place at the Arkema booth on March 3 at 2:00 p.m. and March 4 at 11:00 a.m.
- With its high-performance PEKK Kepstan® polymer, Arkema has partnered with 9T Labs (Zurich), a start-up specializing in 3D printing of thermoplastic composites. 9T Labs developed a technology that automates the manufacture of composites using additive manufacturing (AM), as well as advanced software algorithms. Two conferences to present this automated production technology will take place at the Arkema booth on March 3 at 3:00 p.m. and March 5 at 10:00 a.m.
Arkema: a major player in the composites market, a unique offering of advanced materials
Thanks to its expertise in the materials field, Arkema offers a unique range of thermoplastic matrices and photocure resins with exceptional properties that accelerate composite development. The Group also has additives to improve the performance of thermoset composites and adhesives for composite part assembly.
The flagship product from its range of thermoplastic matrices, Elium® resin—a liquid thermoplastic resin for making recyclable composite parts—uses the same conventional thermosetting resin transformation technologies with one major advantage: It can be transformed at room temperature. The mechanical properties of the parts obtained are comparable to thermosets.
At JEC World 2020, Arkema is launching its new Elium® C445 resin for solid-surface applications. It is a liquid acrylic resin specifically adapted for room temperature casting of large objects. It is perfectly formulated to receive high mineral filler rates while maintaining high water, thermal shock and scratch resistance.
The first achievements will be presented at our booth.
- Sartomer’s Sarbio® acrylate- and methacrylate-based advanced photocure and biosourced liquid resins
- Sartomer’s M Cure® products, reactive diluents and crosslinkers for 2K epoxy/amine systems
Arkema’s offer also includes a range of semi-finished products in the form of high-performance PEKK Kepstan®, PVDF Kynar® and PA 11 Rilsan® thermoplastic-resin-coated carbon-fiber unidirectional tapes (Rilsan® Matrix tapes):
- PVDF Kynar® thermoplastic resin has excellent mechanical properties, as well as strong corrosion and fire resistance;
- PEKK Kepstan® has exceptional impact, heat and aggressive chemical product resistance;
- Rilsan® biosourced high-performance polyamide provides durability, flexibility, and chemical- and mechanical-resistant solutions.
Additives and adhesives round out Arkema’s offer for the composite market, including:
- Clearstrength® impact modifiers
- New range of Luperox® Z390 and Luperox® Z350 peroxide for rapid polymerization in continuous processes.
- New range of Retic® products for chemical and solvent-free phthalate-based anchoring.
Bostik’s structural adhesives:
- New range of FIT brand methacrylate structural adhesives
- New range of Born2Bond™ instant adhesives designed for precision bonding