MIBK (Methylisobutylketone) is a stable, medium evaporating liquid and compatible with many organic materials, which makes it a good industrial solvent. MIBK can also be used in order to extract, separate and purify various products. It is used in the pharmaceutical, agrochemical industries, in fine chemistry…
It is also commonly used as a solvent in paints, lacquers, varnishes and adhesives.
An other major use for MIBK is as a chemical intermediate in the synthesis of a rubber anti-ozonant additive in tyres.
- Purity (% by weight) : ≥ 99,6
- Appearance at 20°C : clear liquid free from suspended materials
- Density at 20°C (g/cm3) : 0,800 - 0,803
- Boiling point at 1013 Pa : 116°C
- Flash point (closed cup) : 16 °C
- Water solubility at 20°C :
MIBK in water (mass fraction) : 1,9%
water in MIBK (mass fraction) : 1,9%
- Hansen Solubility Parameters at 25°C
δt = 17
δd = 15,3
δp = 6,1
δh = 4,1